[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Instant Internet

Hey Everybody,

I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about
Instant Internet??

It seems to be an simple proxy server/firewall (this is stretching
the definition of firewall) that provides reasonable
security. One of its key security assumptions is that the
internal network is NOT TCP/IP!!!

Apparantly it is prone to the piggy backing of IPX on TCP/IP
and thereby easy to break??

Is this true??

Any comments on this product??

Cheers
Simon

* Simon Knudsen                                               *
* Systems Engineer                                            *
* EDS (NZ) Ltd                                                *
* "If I'm not back in 5 minutes, wait longer"                 *
* ACE VENTURA (Pet Detective)                                 *